MTR360 Multi- Tow TMS System continues to save LCR Group Heavy Haulage Fleet
Further to our recent New Article, the LCR Group have continued to roll- out LSM Technologies TyreGuard® MTR360 TMSystems on their Heavy Haulage Fleets, having achieved up to 120,000 km's to date without issue.
The new LSM TyreGuard® MTR 360 TMSystem is now running on two LCR Sites with great results and has proven to be reliable and durable in such harsh operating conditions.
The Project Managers at two sites, Peter and Mick, have offered their views of the TyreGuard MTR360 TMSystem and FSM® Fleet Safety (+ Tracking) Manager Telematics:
Peter says: "The new MTR360 TMSystem provides an awareness of tyre pressure and temperatures we never had before. It has been invaluable and has already saved us a number of tyres (and rims)".
"When the system indicates a tyre pressure issue in the truck display or via the LSM Technologies FSM Fleet Safety (+ tracking) Manager On-line Reporting System, we can immediately act to fix the problem and prevent a catastrophic tyre failure, which is much better and cheaper than replacing destroyed tyres and rims".
The LSM Technologies FSM® Fleet Safety (+ Tracking) Manager Reporting / Trending and Alerting System has delivered major benefits for their Truck / Trailer operations.
Project Manager Mick says "The LSM FSM® Fleet Safety Manager On-line System Reports allow us to perform pressure checks and maintain accurate records automatically, which saves us a lot of labour time. We receive an automatic TMSystem report via email with current and historical tyre pressure and temperature information, which is kept as part of our records".
LSM Technologies TyreGuard® MTR360 TMSystem combined with FSM® Web Based Trending / Reporting / Alerting System provides:
- Increased Safety: Avoids catastrophic tyre failure, tyre fires and potential accidents - especially with the "fast leak" alert warning and tyre temperature monitoring. Also, optimum set - point pressures provides better Rig handling, control and braking.
- Tyre Service Life / Fuel Economy: Maintaining optimum set - point pressures through FSM® Fleet Safety Manager monitoring means tyres last longer and optimises fuel economy.
- Cost downs / Productivity: Checking of 64 tyres on reach Rig would cost at least 2 hours of labour. Using the FSM® Fleet Safety Manager Web Based System, tyres that require attention can be identified and targeted for re- pressurisation, saving enormous costs and increased production time.
- Damage Control: Tyre fires, catastrophic failure are enormous costs- not just for the tyres, but also for the rims, the vehicle and also lost time for incident reporting and repairs.
- Recording / Trending / Alerting: The TyreGuard® MTR360 provides the Operator with immediate notification of High Pressure, Low Pressure, Fast leak, High Temperatures so that they can take the appropriate corrective action during operation. With the FSM® Fleet Safety Manager Web Based Monitoring, all such alerts are recorded and can be sent via email or SMS. In addition, records of Tyre condition can be provided to site personnel / customers for safety validation. Trending of historical data provides extensive analysis on tyre condition, pressures and temperatures.
LSM Technologies TyreGuard® MTR360 TMSystem and FSM® Fleet Safety (+Tracking) Manager telematics as the capability to monitoring both Pressures and Temperatures for the Prime- Mover and up to 8 x Trailer / Dolly's with a combination of up to 180 Tyres.
LSM Technologies On-line / Web Based FSM® Fleet Safety Manager Monitoring / Reporting / Trending System provides live Pressure / Temperature monitoring, recording, reporting and alarm notification capabilities.
The LSM TyreGuard® MTR360 TMSystem / FSM® Fleet Safety Manager are the perfect safety / cost - down solution for:
- On- Road Transport Fleets of Trucks and Trailers.
- Load Loaders with large numbers of Tyres.
- Off- Road Heavy Haulage Fleets.
MORE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES
PRODUCT DATA SHEETS- EDITORIALS
COMPLIANCE STANDARDS + GLINES + REPORTS
- 2014- Coroner Report- Tyre Fatality Foxleigh
- 2006- ISO 21750 Road vehicles Safety- TMSystems
- 2015- CICA Position Paper Articulated Cranes
- 2015- DMP- Tyre Safety- EMoving Machinery Tyres
- 2015- DIR Tyre Safety, Fires, Explosions- Guideline
- 2021- ARTSA-Institute- Heavy Vehicle Fires
- 2016- DNRME- Coroner Cut- off Date TMSystems
- 2020- NTI/NTARC-Truck Fire Cause 33% Wheel/Tyres
- 2020- Safety Features + Technologies-Heavy Vehicles