Another problem solved at a Rio Tinto- Pilbara Irons Operations site in Dampier Western Australia. LSM Technologies were requested to fit an Orlaco Camera System to a Linde R35, three Stage Hydraulic Mast Lift Fork Truck, used to handle / 200 litre Drums of Iron Ore at extreme heights, preventing the need for the operator having to lean out of the Forklift when tipping their load into the sample hoppers.
Another problem solved at a Rio Tinto- Pilbara Irons Operations site in Western Australia. LSM Technologies were requested to fit an Orlaco Camera System to a Linde R35, three Stage Hydraulic Mast Lift Fork Truck, used to handle / dispense 200 litre Drums of Iron Ore at extreme heights.
The Linde R35 is a compact design of mast with limited space for running of cables but LSM Technologies provided the solution.
PROBLEM: The Operator had poor vision and "blind spots". A potential for spillage due to restricted visibility to see the flow into the Hopper. In addition, neck and back strain could easily occur.
SOLUTION: LSM Technologies provide a robust single Orlaco Compact Colour Camera, mounted on the fork carriage so as the Operator can view the drum at all times.
BENEFITS: The following advantages and benefits are being provided.
- Operator has no need to lean outside the safety frame to line- up the load and to dispensing correctly.
- Reduction in potential for repetitive straining injury to neck / back injury.
- Operator can see even with the load in front when travelling.
- Endeavouring to align the Drum could damage the Hopper.
- More accurate alignment of the drum in the handler- will also ensure that it is secured without leaving the Forklift.
- Ability to see the Hopper clearly from inside the fork at any height and accurate alignment of the Drum provides improved productivity (safely).
- Less time to line up forks for picking up pallets and drum lifting attachment.
Richard is very happy so far with the results and with three (3) year warranties, clear view, a robust system suitable for arduous environments- he has solved his problems with LSM Technologies and Orlaco.
Site Contact is: Richard Kempen
Rio Tinto Iron Ore
Metallurgical Evaluation - Maintenance
Pilbara Iron Operations (Drop point D22)
Phone: (08) 91 43 5884
Fax: (08) 91 43 5918
Of course- LSM Technologies standard Warranty of three (3) year or 20,000 operating hours applies.
LSM Technologies enhancing:
For more information, please click on the below:
Or just Contact us.