Australian Crane Operators: give LSM Technologies/Orlaco Crane Load Camera - the "Thumbs up"
LSM Technologies recently designed and installed an Orlaco Load View Camera System on a Luffing Crane to ascertain if a hoist line camera would give clear vision to the Crane Operator whilst completing "blind" lifts".
LSM Technologies recently designed and installed an Orlaco Load View Camera System on a Tower Luffing Crane to ascertain if a hoist line camera would give clear vision to the Crane Operator whilst completing "blind" lifts.
The Orlaco Load View System consisted primarily of:
- Load View Camera: Heavy Duty, 216 Zoom, IP69K, Day / Night Vision, etc
- 10" CLD High Bright Monitor and Bracketing.
- Heavy Duty Video Cabling.
Initially there were concerns displayed by the Crane Operators regarding the Camera installation but it should be noted that a very dramatic change of attitude was exhibited soon after the evaluation was started.
Several Tower Crane license holders tested the Load View Camera System since commissioning in April 2010 and were asked what they thought regarding its benefits.
- Tower crane experience: 28 years.
- Certificate/Licenses: CT, DG (currently completing a Cert III in Rigging).
- Comments: “The camera is terrific, it’s an excellent addition to the crane".
- Tower crane experience: 30 years.
- Certificate/Licenses: CT, DG, RI (plus many more).
- Comments: “The camera is fantastic. brilliant clear vision, the zoom function is an asset. The night vision function is also unbelievably clear, even though the night vision is seen in black & white, you can still see everything under the hoist. I like how simple the monitor functions are, it makes switching between functions quick and easy”.
- Tower crane experience: 15 years
- Certificate/Licenses: CT, DG, RI
- Comments: “The camera is very helpful and adds to efficiency. It really helps to get the loads central while the dogman or rigger is slinging the load hence increasing productivity”.
The overall perspective of the Orlaco Load View Camera Solution was more than positive. All parties involved, including other stakeholders like Dogmen, Riggers and other ground based personnel also provided very affirmative feedback.
The biggest surprise was the change from the initial resistance turning into an astounding acceptance and excitement of the technology.
Another testimonial from the thousands of users of LSM Technologies / Orlaco Camera Viewing Solutions and proven enhancement: