Southern Bowen Basin, Dragline 303 Bucyrus model 8750 Major CCTV upgrade
LSM Technologies Bowen Basin Distributor Videotronics recently installed an intricate and integrated CCTV Camera System using Orlaco Cameras, on a Bucyrus Drag-line 303- model 8750.
The CCTV Project consisted a major overhaul of the existing camera system. Extra cameras were also added. Initially designed by Videotronics in consultation with the Mine Electrical engineering department. The system consists of 9 x fixed Orlaco CCCameras, providing views of:
- Rear of machine- critical view while machine is being walked.
- Back of machine facing left hand shoe- critical view allows operator to see if there is any obstacles i.e. trailing power cable that can be crushed or cause damage to the feet.
- Back of machine facing right hand shoe- critical view allows operator to see if there is any obstacles i.e. trailing cable that can be crushed or cause damage to the feet.
- Blind (LHS) side of machine- without this camera the operator has no way of seeing the LHS or Blindside of the machine critical when dozer is manoeuvring around the DRE while working- high collision area.
- Cameras x 2 inside the house: these cameras allow the operator to quickly check for fires should any alarms sound. Also allows any visitors aboard the machine to be monitored.
- View directly over both cable drums: provides view of hoist and drag drums providing extra element of safety while working. Normally this area requires 2 cameras one for each cable drum. By utilising the Orlaco wide field of views, they were able to provide cost benefits to the customer.
- Boom / Load Area: An Orlaco camera is mounted directly above the Bucket located 3/4 of the the way up the boom. This provides the operator with a view directly the load above while digging-which we believe is the first time that a camera has been able to be mounted in this location.
- Boom / Load View: The final camera is also mounted 3/4 of the way up the boom with the CCCamera facing the sheaves at the top of the boom. This is another first we believe and allows operators a safe view of the sheaves while changing buckets etc. Also on the BE 8750 the operator needs to duck down in the cab to get a view of the very top of the boom structure, However, by simply switching to this view he no longer needs to twist his neck and back or move off the operators chair. Also while digging over a blind edge the operator can switch to this view and maintain a high percentage dig where otherwise this would come down to an operator skill-set.
Safety+Damage Control and Productivity is increased.
All 9 x Orlaco CCCameras are recorded from one central point aboard the mining giant and mining staff can access data from all cameras should the need arise. A second LCD Monitor has been added to the machine in the main power control room this gives the mines electricians an idea of the DRE movement while working on the main electrical room.
Access to the cameras remotely via wireless LAN was not utilised on this project but Videotronics are talking closely about integrating for the next project coming up in Q2 2008.
Well done Videotronics Team- more information can be attained from Aaron Pirie at www.videotronics.com.au
Of course- LSM Technologies standard Warranty of three (3) year or 20,000 operating hours applies.
LSM Technologies enhancing:
For more information, please click on the below:
- Also see our Cables / Connections and Specifications.
- Compact Colour Cameras and Specifications.
- Compact LCD features and Specifications.
Or just contact us.