Nolan's Transport have successfully evaluated the LSM Technologies RIDE- ON Tyre Protection System- Sealants
and have decided to install throughout their fleet, so as secure the substantial benefits and cost- downs that this technology will bring to their operations / industry.
Nolan's Transport have successfully evaluated the LSM Technologies RIDE- ON Tyre Protection System- Sealants and have decided to install throughout their fleet, so as to now secure the substantial benefits and cost- downs that this technology will bring to their operations / fleet.
Initially, an evaluation was completed on a single Truck / Trailer on the same Route, Axle Load & Driver. The evaluation started in September 2009 until March 2010, with a total distance travelled during the evaluation period of more than 115,000 kms.
A ROI (Return on Investment" was completed with a potential for substantial costs- downs for their operations.
LSM Technologies Technicians travelled to Nolan's each week and recorded Tyre Depths, Pressures and where found, removed and ensured sealing of any injuries in the tyres.
The evaluation was completed with significant outcomes, such as:
Flat Prevention / Puncture Sealing
- 10 x “known” Intrusions / Injuries- intrusions removed & punctures sealed.
- Other injuries / punctures most likely had occurred- but no intrusions.
- Ride- on TPS Tyre Sealants sealed around intrusions enough without tyre failure for vehicle to return to workshop where intrusion could be removed / sealed permanently without repair / damage to tyres.
- Potential for injured tyres to have failed catastrophically in service.
Tyre Set- point Pressures.
- Tyre set- points pressures (uninjured) remained virtually static during the 6 months evaluation (maximum differential 5 psi)- this is a feature of Ride- on in reducing porosity air loss upto 500%.
- Based upon 3-5 minutes re- pressurisation every 4 weeks (tyres normally loose between 10-12 psi / month)- savings alone in labour would be an estimated $100- $150k / annum.
Tyre Service Life
- Drive Tyres had a incremental wear rate of 0.9 mm / 10,000kms which would have provided an increase in service life of more than 25%
- Steer Tyres had an incremental wear rate of 0.7 mm / 10,000 kms which indicates an increase in service life of more than 50%.
- Trailer Tyres had an incremental wear rate of 0.26- 0.7 mm which indicates an increase in service life of between 25- 100%.
Fuel Economy / Going Green
- Due to the evaluation being completed on a single truck / trailer rig then increase in Fuel Economy would not have been possible to assess accurately.
- However, it is a known fact that at least 1% Fuel economy can be lost due to 10 Psi under- inflation and that other effects such as balancing, rolling resistance, etc also effects fuel consumption.
- Any reduction in fuel consumption, extension of tyre service life provides a substantial reduction in Co2 Emissions.
Next Steps / Future.
Nolan's have completed further evaluations with Ride- on in a number of their trailers and found that comparatively to other Trailers without Ride- on installed, they had no punctures / failures during the past 12 months. Subsequently, Nolan's are to roll out Ride- on throughout their Fleet and LSM Technologies will assist with:
- Providing certified training in the use and application of RIDE-ON to their staff / tyre managers.
- A ROTIS Pump Station for ease of application and dosage of RIDE- On into their Tyres.
LSM Technologies look forward to ensuring that Nolan's Transport gain the enormous benefits and costs- downs associated with the use of our RIDE- on Tyre Protection System Sealants as well as the many other advantages in reducing their Carbon Footprint and Safer operations.
For more information, contact us at LSM Technologies via email or contact us