Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists- RCS Exposure Seminars- June - Aug 2009
Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists Inc (AIOH) will be holding Seminars across Australia on "Respirable Crystalline Silica".
This Seminars will cover the following topics:
- Occurrence and properties of respirable crystalline silica (RCS)
- Exposure sources of RCS
- Health effects of RCS
- Exposure standards for RCS
- Exposure risk and incidence of disease
- Sampling and analytical methods and limits of detection
- Health surveillance
- Control of exposure to RCS
- The future for RCS - will it go the way of asbestos?
Dates & Locations:
- Hobart: Tuesday 9th June 2009.
- Melbourne: Wednesday 10th June 2009.
- Adelaide: Thursday 11th June 2009.
- Perth: Friday 12th June 2009.
- Brisbane: Tuesday 11th August 2009.
- Sydney: Thursday 13th August 2009.
- Mackay: Thursday 20th August 2009.
- Townsville: Friday 21st August 2009.
Program and registration form can be downloaded form below.
Other news articles / links are:
- NIOSH Report RESPA should be considered for all HVAC Systems on surface mining equipment.
- NIOSH Vulcan Drill Rig Test RESPA HVAC Preleaner Technology.
- Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists Inc (AIOH) Web Site.