Karreman Quarries -selects LSM Technologies for thier Jacues Jaw Crusher Lubrication
In February 2007, Karreman Quarries selected LSM Technologies to design / supply / install and commission a Automatic Centralised Lubrication System for their Jacues Jaw Crusher.
Since 1977 Karreman Quarries have played a key role in the supply of quarry products including road base, asphalt aggregate and rocks for Brisbane and South East Queensland's growing road infrastructure. Organisations including Brisbane Port Authority and Queensland Main Roads are sourcing quality road base materials from Karreman Quarries to support their expansion needs.
With quarry reserves in excess of over 100 million tonnes and presently quarrying two million tonnes of road base, aggregate and rock each year, the Karreman Group is undoubtedly Brisbane's leading supplier of road base products.
As part of their expansion, LSM Technologies were contracted to design / supply / install and commission a Automatic Centralised Lubrication System for Karreman's Jaw Crusher.
Some of the key features and benefits that LSM Technologies designed into the ACL System were:
- A sealed Stainless Steel Bulk Reservoir of 25 kg to allow approximately 9.0 days of refilling. The Bulk Container is free- standing and fixed to the foundations. It is modularised so as it can be extended in capacity upto 100kg of grease if required.
- With a sealed Bulk Grease Container, refilling is virtually contamination free- unlike the high risk associated with exchanging 180kg drums of grease.
- A KFGS Pump Unit is mounted to the bottom of the Bulk Grease Container and there is a Quick Fill / Field Serviceable Filter Assembly installed to reduced the risk of grease contamination during refilling.
- The Pump Unit has an in- built Controller, a Rotating Agitator Blade internally that allows for slumping of the grease and avoids air entrainment.
- The In- built Controller provides monitoring / alarms for blocked Feeders or any Lubrication Point, as well as Low Lubricant Level. The alarms are depicted on the Controller LED, as well as the external Amber Strobe Warning Light. The Controller settings can be PIN Coded so they can not be adjusted.
- As the Pump Unit is 24 volt DC, then it maximises safety if maintenance is required.
- Electric driven mean that there is no potential for ingress of contamination (dirt / moisture) or maintenance of other ancillary equipment (compressors / pneumatic pumps, etc), that can be effected as with air driven systems.
- Progressive Feeders are utilised to deliver the calculated / designed amount of grease to each individual lubrication point. These are solid steel blocks that maximise corrosion resistance and are robust against impact.
- Progressive Feeders are also the only lubrication distribution device that allows for monitoring of each Feeder Block as well as each / all Lubrication Ports. Other ACL Systems only monitor the Main Line Pressure.
- High quality Cadmium Steel Tubing and HP Flexible Hose (880 bar burst pressure), is used for Main and Secondary Lubrication Lines. This also provides maximum safety and longevity of the components.
- The system was designed for the worse case scenario of -6 DegC operating temperature and maximum system pressure of 100 bar- this means long service life of Pump Unit, Progressive Feeders and other components, as well as ensures lubrication of bearings in the coldest of conditions.
LSM Technologies are proud to be associated as a quality supplier to Karreman Quarries.
For more information just click the links below: